Following up on our reports on the Vizio TVs, M-Series, and V-Series soundbars announced for 2023, Vizio introduced yet another M-Series soundbar with little fanfare, the M215aw-K6. This middle-of-the-range soundbar provides affordable access to Dolby Atmos via virtual surround sound in an easy-to-set-up 2.1 channel system for under $300.
Product Description: The M215aw-K6 is 36-inches wide and just over 2-inches high. The bar houses five speaker drivers within a 2.1 channel configuration. The woofer and tweeter for each of the left and right channels, plus the subwoofer driver equal 5 speakers.
Wireless Subwoofer: An external wireless subwoofer is included that features a Bass Reflex ported design with one downward-firing 5-inch Driver.
Surround Sound Format Support: Although this sound bar can decode Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Digital, and DTS 5.1 it uses DTS Virtual:X processing to approximate those formats within a 2.1 channel environment.
Tip: The M215aw-K6 does not have upfiring speakers specifically for Dolby Atmos, so DTS Virtual:X is used to produce height effects without the need for vertically firing speakers based on cues embedded in Dolby Atmos and DTS:X signals.
DTS TruVolume: This feature provides even volume levels and dialog presence.
Sound Modes: Additional preset sound modes include Movie, Music, Gaming, Direct
System Frequency Response: 50 to 20kHz
SPL (Sound Pressure Level): 100dB
Bluetooth ver 5.0: You can use Bluetooth to play music from compatible devices, such as smartphones, or connect an Amazon Echo device to access Alexa voice assistant features or play music from the echo device through the soundbar.
Tip: Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity are not provided, thus there are no built-in smart features.
Remote Control: A simple remote includes a function display. The soundbar is also compatible with many universal remotes and some TV remotes for access to basic functions (Volume, Mute, and Power).
Tip: The remote control includes settings for bass, treble, dialog, and subwoofer level.
Voice Control: Voice control is not built-in but you can access Alexa, Google, and Siri by connecting your preferred voice assistant device via the Aux VA 3.5mm input or Bluetooth. The wired and wireless input is always active and ready for a voice command. The volume of your content is automatically lowered so you can hear voice feedback clearly.
- 1 HDMI 2.0 input (Dolby Atmos/DTS:X, 4K/60Hz video, Dolby Vision, and HDR10 pass-through).
- 1 HDMI 2.0 output with ARC/eARC compatibility.
- 1 Digital optical audio input. (2-channel PCM, Dolby Digital, and DTS 5.1 compatible)
- 2 Analog (3.5mm) audio inputs (one can be used to connect the audio output of a compatible Amazon Echo or Google Home/Nest).
- 1 USB Port – Supports music file playback (MP3, .WAV) from connected USB Flash Drives.
- Remote Control with Batteries
- HDMI Cable
- Digital Optical Cable
- Wall Mount Kit
- Quick Setup Guide
Tip: Analog AV Cables are not included.
- Soundbar (WHD): 36 x 2.24 x 3.54 inches (914.4 x 56.9 x 89.9 mm)
- Subwoofer (with feet): 8.30 x 9.90 x 8.30 inches (210.8 x 251.5 x 210.8 mm)
- Soundbar: 5.30lbs (2.4kg)
- Subwoofer: 7.60lbs (3.5kg)
Price and Availability:
The Vizio M215aw-K6 2.1 Soundbar System is priced at $299.99 or less at Vizio.com and other Authorized Retailers.